- .NET (26)
- Tools, information and resources for .NET development
- BizTalk (4)
- Microsoft's industry initiave to promote XML in a consistent manner, also a product line in its own right.
- Business Process Modelling (5)
- Languages and work flow processes which support Business Process Modelling (BPM)
- EDI (2)
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Education@ (108)
- .NET, Business Process Modelling, Dictionaries, e-Business ...
Training, tutorials, self-instruction and courses
- Internet Protocols (6)
- Protocols, including standards and specifications for use with the Internet and associated technologies which are relevant to Web Services
- Mac OS (5)
- XML and Web Services for Mac OS and the Apple Macintosh platform
- Metadata (4)
- Metadata information and development resources
- Metrics (5)
- Statistics, demographics and metrics related to the Internet
- Mobile Computing (0)
- Resources related to mobile computing platforms, software and solutions
- Ontology (1)
- Defines the classes of objects, relationships and inference rules in semantic web solutions
- Open Source (10)
- Developers resources for Open Source software
- Peer to Peer (1)
- Resources related to Peer to Peer technologies
- Programming (57)
- Development languages, environments and platforms for Internet and e-Business
- RDF (14)
- Resource Description Framework resources
- RSS (5)
- SOAP (12)
- Tools, information and resources for Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) development
- Supply Chain (2)
- Resources and information about supply chain automation and technologies
- UDDI (2)
- Tools, information and resources for UDDI development
- Voice (5)
- Resources news and information on Voice implementation including VoiceXML, VXML and SALT
- Wearable Computing (4)
- Resources on all aspects of wearable computing and related devices
- Web Services (47)
- Tools, information and resources for the development of Web Services
- Web Services Protocols (8)
- Protocols designed for Web Services
- Wireless (7)
- Wireless developer resources and information
- WML (1)
- Wireless Markup Language (WML) developer resources
- WSDL (5)
- Tools, information and resources for Web Services Definition Language (WSDL) development
- XHTML (0)
- Tools, information and resources for XHTML and related developments
- XLINK (1)
- Resources related to XLINK
- XML (51)
- Tools, information and resources for XML and related developments
- XPATH (0)
- XSLT (2)
- Resources on XSLT
SourceForge.net is the world's largest Open Source development website, with the largest repository of Open Source code and applications available on the Internet. SourceForge.net provides free services to Open Source developers, including project hosting, version control, bug and issue tracking, project management, backups and archives, and communication and collaboration resources.
Earthweb describes itself as "The IT Industry Portal". It covers news, information and "how-to" subjects across a wide range of IT topics including management, networking and communications, web development, harware and systems, and software development. An excellent resource that will provide both a starting point and significant depth of information on many topics of interest to specifically to developers and to IT professionals in general.
The Largest Resource Directory of Webservice providing everything from Tutorials, Examples, Hosting, Programming, Applications, Scripts, Components to Articles for the Just Starting Out to the Professional Level Developer.
Fascinating collaborative development which has created and is expanding a convincing AI bot on the Internet. Beware, start conversing with A.L.I.C.E. and you could end up telling her your innermost secrets. Links to some very convincing extensions including John Lennon!
Owning the eponymous domain of cyberspace allows Internet.com to assemble an overwhelming collection of portals and web sites covering what appears to be every conceivable topic. A great deal of content is dealt with in depth by specialist sites. If you need a home page and you interest is in the Internet then look no further.
A self-funded, non-profit organization, RosettaNet is a consortium of major Information Technology, Electronic Components and Semiconductor Manufacturing companies working to create and implement industry-wide, open e-business process standards. These standards form a common e-business language, aligning processes between supply chain partners on a global basis.
The OMG is an industry consortium aimed at delivering enterprise interoperability between systems. Best known for its stewardship of CORBA, the site contains information and resources on this subject and many other interoperability standards and initiatives. Its latest development is Model Driven Architecture (MDA) which addresses the complete life cycle of designing, deploying, integrating, and managing applications as well as data using open standards. This could well be Web Services by another name.
TechTarget have assembled an impressive array of industry specific site indexes targetted at developers working with the major platform technologies. The sites are pre-screened and there is a wealth of news and commentary within each specific index.
Bitpipe is the leading source of in-depth information technology content including white papers, product literature, webcasts, analyst reports, and case studies. Find thousands of web services white papers and resources here.